We are looking for a new Ph.D. student in the Psybernetics Lab in the Department of Computer Science of the University of Kaiserslautern. Current research topics with possibilities for your Ph.D. include intelligent learning assistant, daily activity tracking, and adaptive groupware (see our projects). However, we are so welcome to establish new research which is not limited to the current topics because this new position is funded by a basic lab budget, not by a specific project.
- Master or comparable degree
- Experience in several of the following areas: human-computer interaction, machine learning, cognitive psychology, wearable computing, activity recognition, learning analytics, media processing, knowledge management, software engineering, hardware engineering, and user interface design
- Good communication skills in English language
- Ph.D. in Engineering or Natural Science (in 3-5 years, depending on the candidate)
- Collaboration with not only dedicated researchers in PsyberLab but also educational experts in the Immersive Quantified Learning Lab and AI-experts in the Smart Data & Knowledge Services Department in DFKI
- Financial support for your life in Kaiserslautern
How to apply
Please send your cover letter (PDF, one page), curriculum vitae (PDF, some pages), and earliest possible starting date to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also send an e-mail to Shoya for asking details before applying.